Dean's Academy Option
This option is offered within the following major(s):
- Accountancy - College of Business
- Apparel Design - College of Business
- Business Administration - College of Business
- Business Analytics - College of Business
- Business Information Systems - College of Business
- Design and Innovation Management - College of Business
- Finance - College of Business
- Interior Design - College of Business
- Management - College of Business
- Marketing - College of Business
- Merchandising Management - College of Business
The Dean’s Academy is designed for high achieving students who wish to maximize both the educational and experiential aspects of their college experience. The Dean’s Academy encourages intellectual curiosity and active engagement in the educational process, and seeks to graduate students who are academically accomplished, visionary leaders and responsible citizens.
The Dean's Academy Option provides students with:
A small, cohort-based program that promotes lifelong learning through personal engagement, intellectual involvement, and a sense of community.
Designated classes that are smaller, allowing students to engage in thoughtful discussion with their professors and with each other.
Pre-admission directly into professional school and your desired business major and abbreviated professional school application.
Exclusive opportunities to attend workshops, forums, seminars, and events featuring thought-leaders in business.
Option Code: 754
To earn the Dean’s Academy Option, students must complete a minimum of 21 credits, 15 of which must be at the upper-division level, of business or design coursework that have been designated as honors sections (i.e., the course has an “H” designation such as BA 160H). All 300- and 400-level courses are considered upper-division courses. Any Honors section offered in the College of Business can be used to satisfy the Dean’s Academy option requirements.
Option Code: 754