Agricultural Education Graduate Major (MS)
This program is available at the following location:
The Department of Agricultural Education and General Agriculture offers course work that serves teachers and leaders in agriculture. The Master of Science and Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degrees may be pursued with an emphasis in leadership, communication, pedagogy, extension, and/or technical agriculture. Candidates work with an advisor to develop programs that meet their specific needs as indicated by their occupational objectives. A person who completes an Agricultural Education master's degree is not solely locked into teaching. Potential occupations also include lobbyist, journalist, and Extension work.
Major Code: 1050
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Conduct research or produce some other form of creative work.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject material.
- Conduct scholarly or professional activities in an ethical manner.
- InTASC Category: Learner and Learning
- InTASC Category: Instructional Practice
- InTASC Category: Professional Responsibility