Dean's Academy Option
This option is available at Corvallis campus within the following majors:
- Apparel Design
- Business Administration
- Business Analytics
- Business Information Systems
- Design and Innovation Management
- Interior Design
- Merchandising Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
The Dean’s Academy is designed for high achieving students who wish to maximize both the educational and experiential aspects of their college experience. The Dean’s Academy encourages intellectual curiosity and active engagement in the educational process, and seeks to graduate students who are academically accomplished, visionary leaders and responsible citizens.
The Dean's Academy Option provides students with:
A small, cohort-based program that promotes lifelong learning through personal engagement, intellectual involvement, and a sense of community.
Designated classes that are smaller, allowing students to engage in thoughtful discussion with their professors and with each other.
Exclusive opportunities to attend workshops, forums, seminars, and events featuring thought-leaders in business.
Option Code: 754
- Recognize entrepreneurial opportunities for new business ventures and evaluate their potential for business success.
- Understand the implementation issues including financial, legal, operational and administrative procedures involved in starting new business ventures.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in business situations through physical or virtual presence, writing, speaking, listening, and electronic media.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead by using team building skills and facilitating collaborative behaviors in the accomplishment of group goals and objectives.
- Recognize basic concepts and theories related to business ethics and social responsibility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical behavior appropriate to specific business situations.
- Identify and analyze business problems and opportunities and formulate recommendations for courses of action.
- Use quantitative and qualitative tools and methodologies to support organizational decision making.
- Assess how organizations create value in their global supply chains through the integrated production and distribution of goods, services and information.
- Describe the concept of competitive advantage and how it may be achieved through strategic and tactical methods.
- Analyze the information content of organizational processes.
- Define markets and apply marketing concepts and principles using a customer focus to effectively sell products and services.
- Recognize and appropriately respond to ethical, legal and strategic concerns relating to human resource and organizational management.
- Make basic investment and financing decisions for a business using financial management concepts, and methods.
To earn the Dean’s Academy Option, students must complete a minimum of 21 credits, 15 of which must be at the upper-division level, of business or design course work that have been designated as honors sections (i.e., the course has an “H” designation such as BA 160H). All 300- and 400-level courses are considered upper-division courses. Any Honors section offered in the College of Business can be used to satisfy the Dean’s Academy option requirements.
Option Code: 754