Sports Business Minor
This program is available at the following locations:
The Sports Business minor provides students with an understanding of the fundamentals of the business of sport, including sports finance, marketing, analytics and sponsorship, and provides them with an introduction to historical and social dimensions of sport.
Minor Code: 010
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Recognize the challenges and issues within the sports industry.
- Develop and apply analytical skills to improve sports business decision making.
- Identify and interpret core financial practices and issues in the sports industry.
- Compare and contrast the development of sports in different societies across the world.
- Develop an informed understanding of equitable, inclusive and socially-just physical activity practices regardless of age, gender, income, class, disability, ethnicity, race, size, etc.
- Analyze problems to develop and adjust marketing strategies in the sports industry.
- Prepare and critically evaluate the strategic implications of sponsorship.
- Identify, summarize, write, and verbalize key theories, concepts, and social issues in the field of sports sociology.
|BA 350||THE BUSINESS OF SPORT||2|
|BANA 450||INTRODUCTION TO SPORTS ANALYTICS||2|
|FIN 450||FINANCING SPORT||2|
|HST 375||*GLOBAL HISTORY OF SPORTS||4|
|KIN 312||*SOCIOCULTURAL DIMENSIONS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY||4|
|MRKT 451||SPORTS MARKETING||2|
|MRKT 452||SPORTS SPONSORSHIP||2|
|SOC 453||SOCIOLOGY OF SPORT||4|
|Select two courses from the following:||6|
|PSYCHOLOGY OF SPORT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY|
|*POWER AND PRIVILEGE IN SPORT|
|ECONOMICS OF RECREATION AND TOURISM|
|*GENDER AND SPORT|
Baccalaureate Core Course (BCC)
Minor Code: 010