Public Health Practice Graduate Option
This option is offered within the following major(s):
Available only via Ecampus.
The online Public Health Practice graduate option of the MPH program prepares students for work in applied public health settings such as local, state, and national agencies; non-governmental organizations, healthcare systems, and private industry. The interdisciplinary curriculum incorporates key domains of public health work, including science, community, management and leadership, and policy and systems. This non-thesis, practice-based option can be completed in two years or six quarters; students also have the flexibility of completing the program on a part-time basis. Students will be able to add electives such as data analysis modules and other OSU online graduate level courses to enhance their program of study.
Option Code: 7589
- Synthesize information from a wide range of sources to inform public health action.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to prioritize needs and engage in equitable problem solving to advance public health goals based on social justice and human rights.
- Apply appropriate solutions to manage resources for public health initiatives.
- Leverage knowledge of public and private systems to recommend health policy at local, state, national or international levels.
- Apply innovative strategies and skills to build multi stakeholder coalitions and partnerships for advancing participatory, sustainable, and evidence-based public health solutions.
|H 518||PUBLIC HEALTH ETHICS AND ISSUES||3|
|H 520||HEALTH DISPARITIES||3|
|H 524||INTRODUCTION TO BIOSTATISTICS||4|
|H 530||HEALTH POLICY ANALYSIS AND POLITICS||3|
|H 536||HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION LEADERSHIP THEORY AND BEHAVIOR||3|
|H 575||EVALUATION OF HEALTH PROMOTION AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS||3|
|H 596||HEALTHCARE EPIDEMIOLOGY||3|
|HHS 517||CASE STUDIES IN PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE||3|
|HHS 537||EVIDENCE-BASED LEADERSHIP IN PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|HHS 578||EVIDENCE-BASED PUBLIC HEALTH I||3|
|HHS 579||EVIDENCE-BASED PUBLIC HEALTH II||3|
|HHS 584||SURVEILLANCE AND FIELD EPIDEMIOLOGY FOR PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|HHS 590||PUBLIC HEALTH LAW||2|
|HHS 597||GLOBAL HEALTH SYSTEMS||3|
|Suggested Elective Courses 1|
|LINEAR REGRESSION IN PUBLIC HEALTH|
|LOGISTIC REGRESSION IN PUBLIC HEALTH|
Suggested elective courses are not required to fulfill degree requirements
Option Code: 7589