Public Health Practice Graduate Option
This option is offered within the following major(s):
Available only via Ecampus.
The online Public Health Practice graduate option of the MPH program prepares students for work in applied public health settings such as local, state, and national agencies; non-governmental organizations, healthcare systems, and private industry. The interdisciplinary curriculum incorporates key domains of public health work, including science, community, management and leadership, and policy and systems. This non-thesis, practice-based option can be completed in two years or six quarters; students also have the flexibility of completing the program on a part-time basis. Students will be able to add electives such as data analysis modules and other OSU online graduate level courses to enhance their program of study.
Option Code: 7589
- Conduct research or produce some other form of creative work.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject material.
- Conduct scholarly or professional activities in an ethical manner.
- Synthesize information from a wide range of sources to inform public health action.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to prioritize needs and engage in equitable problem solving to advance public health goals based on social justice and human rights.
- Apply appropriate solutions to manage resources for public health initiatives.
- Leverage knowledge of public and private systems to recommend health policy at local, state, national or international levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and implement evidence-based public health practice
|H 518||PUBLIC HEALTH ETHICS AND ISSUES||3|
|H 524||INTRODUCTION TO BIOSTATISTICS||4|
|H 575||EVALUATION OF HEALTH PROMOTION AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS||3|
|HHS 517||CASE STUDIES IN PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE||3|
|HHS 537||EVIDENCE-BASED LEADERSHIP IN PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|HHS 578||EVIDENCE-BASED PUBLIC HEALTH I||3|
|HHS 579||EVIDENCE-BASED PUBLIC HEALTH II||3|
|HHS 584||SURVEILLANCE AND FIELD EPIDEMIOLOGY FOR PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|HHS 597||GLOBAL HEALTH SYSTEMS||3|
Option Code: 7589