Global Health Graduate Option
This option is available within the Public Health major at the following location:
The Global Health graduate option of the MPH program prepares students for public health leadership roles in international health, with an emphasis on health development for those in middle- and low-income nations. Courses focus on understanding complex issues, problem solving and developing analytical skills to critically view global health issues in order to promote progressive, comprehensive, sustainable and equitable community ownership of health development. As part of this interdisciplinary program, students acquire wide-ranging knowledge of international health while also developing an individually designed specialization.
Option Code: 7587
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Conduct research or produce some other form of creative work.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject material.
- Conduct scholarly or professional activities in an ethical manner.
- Design health development programs that are responsive to social, political, cultural, economic, and environmental factors to promote global health equity.
- Apply innovative strategies and skills to build multi-stakeholder coalitions and partnerships for advancing participatory and sustainable global health solutions.
- Use methods that promote sustainable development and local accountability.
- Analyze the roles, relationships, and resources of the entities influencing global health.
- Create partnerships and collaborative strategies to work in, and adapt to, wide-ranging global contexts for health development in accordance to universally and locally acceptable ethical standards.
|H 511||COMMUNITY, CULTURE, AND GLOBAL HEALTH||3|
|H 516||RESEARCH METHODS IN GLOBAL HEALTH||3|
|H 519||DISPLACEMENT, MIGRATION, AND GLOBAL HEALTH||3|
|H 524||INTRODUCTION TO BIOSTATISTICS||4|
|H 525||EPIDEMIOLOGIC METHODS I||3|
|H 529||INTERNATIONAL HEALTH||3|
|H 571||BEHAVIORAL & SOCIAL SCIENCE THEORY FOR PUBLIC HEALTH||4|
Option Code: 7587