Information Services, Computers, and Academic Technologies
Information Services supports OSU students by providing accounts, technologies, equipment checkout, printing, computing networks and computing labs. The IS Service Desk provides students with technical support for laptops, mobile devices, and campus systems like Canvas. If you need in-person support, please visit the Walk-up Service Desk in Milne Computer Center room 201.
Student employment opportunities are available from a variety of units within IS, including the IS Service Desk and Academic Technology, with the greatest opportunities announced just prior to each new term.
Accounts and Passwords
- Accounts & Technologies Guide for New Students: This guide is for new OSU students who need to get connected to OSU systems such as email and Canvas. Even if you are already connected to one or more OSU systems, we recommend you go through this guide, just to be sure you’ve covered the bases and know where to get computing help.
- ONID: ONID stands for OSU Network ID. It’s a universal computer account available to all OSU students, employees and associates. You use your ONID username and password to access Online Services, Canvas, email, the wireless network and many other university computing services.
- Box: Box is unlimited cloud storage and collaboration for all OSU students and employees.
- G Suite: ONID email is accessed via G Suite. All OSU students, instructors, and employees may access all the supported core apps: Drive, Mail, Calendar, Site and Groups.
- Office365 for OSU: Office365 allows students and employees to download and install up to 5 free copies of Microsoft Office on personal devices and to collaborate online using native Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- Canvas, OSU’s Learning Management System used by both off-campus and on-campus students for classwork.
- Classroom Technology Services
- Equipment Loan and Rental
- Standard Printing
- Media Creation
- Many software packages are available to students.
- OSU Computer Help Documents, 24/7 help guides and FAQs
- OSU Service Desk, Monday–Friday support via phone, 541-737-8787, webform, and in-person at Milne Computer Center room 201 (also open on weekends during regular terms)
(Opportunities subject to availability)
Student workers provide programming, development, and support services for the OSU community. Potential employment is contingent upon eligibility per university policy on student employment.
- IS Service Desk
- Technical support, programmers
- Central Web Services
- Web app and mobile app developers
- Customer service and support, system maintenance
See the OSU website for postings.