Information Services, Computers, and Academic Technologies
Information Services supports OSU students by providing accounts, technologies, equipment checkout, printing, computing networks and computing labs. The OSU Computer Helpdesk provides students with technical support for laptops, mobile devices, and campus systems like Canvas. If you need in-person support, please visit the Walkup Helpdesk in the Valley Library.
Student employment opportunities are available from a variety of units within IS, including the OSU Computer Helpdesk and Academic Technology, with the greatest opportunities announced just prior to each new term.
Accounts and Passwords
- Accounts & Technologies Guide for New Students: This guide is for new OSU students who need to get connected to OSU systems such as email and Canvas. Even if you are already connected to one or more OSU systems, we recommend you go through this guide, just to be sure you’ve covered the bases and know where to get computing help.
- ONID: ONID stands for OSU Network ID. It’s a universal computer account available to all OSU students, employees and associates. You use your ONID username and password to access Online Services, Canvas, email, the wireless network and many other university computing services.
- Google Apps for OSU: ONID email is accessed via Google Apps for OSU. All OSU students, instructors, and employees may access all the supported core apps: Drive, Mail, Calendar, Site and Groups.
- Office365 for OSU: All OSU students, instructors and employees may collaborate using native Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- Canvas, OSU’s Learning Management System used by both off-campus and on-campus students for classwork.
- Classroom Technology Services
- Event Support
- Technology Consulting
- Computing Labs
- Equipment Loan and Rental
- Standard Printing
- Media Creation
- Virtual Computing Lab
- Many software packages are available to students.
- OSU Computer Help Documents, http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs, 24/7 help guides and FAQs
- OSU Service Desk, http://is.oregonstate.edu/service-desk, Monday–Friday support via phone, 541-737-3474, and webform
- Walkup Helpdesk, in-person support at the Valley Library, Sunday–Friday
(Opportunities subject to availability)
Student workers provide programming, development, and support services for the OSU community. Potential employment is contingent upon eligibility per university policy on student employment.
- OSU Service Desk
- Technical support, programmers
- Central Web Services
- Web app and mobile app developers
- Customer service and support, system maintenance