Health Systems and Policy Graduate Option
This option is available within the Public Health major at the following location:
In the Health Systems and Policy graduate option of the MPH program, students will develop the ability to think about public health problems in practical ways using sound conceptual frameworks. Public health problems will be viewed from the perspective of those who receive, provide, finance and regulate care.
Option Code: 7592
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Conduct research or produce some other form of creative work.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject material.
- Conduct scholarly or professional activities in an ethical manner.
- Integrate economic, legal, organizational, and ethical theories and frameworks to improve health systems and policies.
- Employ health equity concepts in analyzing and developing health policies.
- Apply economic theory and empirical findings to appraise health policy issues.
- Examine current issues in health system financing and delivery and propose strategies for resolving them.
- Analyze the use of law and policy to promote health and healthy living conditions.
- Design, conduct, and report empirical evaluations of health systems or health policies.
- Examine leadership theories and techniques to develop solutions to public health or health systems problems.
- Develop effective oral and written communications to advance a public health policy issue.
- Apply ethical principles to decision making in health systems and policies.
|ECONOMIC ISSUES IN HEALTH AND MEDICAL CARE
|HEALTH SYSTEMS ORGANIZATION
|HEALTH CARE LAW AND REGULATION
|or HHS 590
|PUBLIC HEALTH LAW
|or H 525
|EPIDEMIOLOGIC METHODS I
|HEALTH POLICY ANALYSIS METHODS
|EVIDENCE-BASED LEADERSHIP IN PUBLIC HEALTH
|or PPOL 511
|PUBLIC ORGANIZATIONS AND LEADERSHIP
|or H 699
|or BA 550
|LEADERSHIP AND TEAMS IN ORGANIZATIONS
|COMMUNICATING FOR PUBLIC HEALTH POLICY IMPACT
|or H 549
|MEDIA, COMMUNICATION, AND HEALTH
|PHL 544/REL 544
|or H 518
|PUBLIC HEALTH ETHICS AND ISSUES
Option Code: 7592