This option is available within the Computer Science major at the following locations:
The Cybersecurity option in Computer Science allows students to gain foundational knowledge and skills in computer science with an in-depth focus on cybersecurity, allowing them to apply those concepts toward securing cyberspace. Students in the program will have the opportunity to further their skills through relevant courses and experiential learning, preparing them for a career in a variety of professions in cybersecurity and related disciplines.
Option Code: 004
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.
|CS 175||*COMMUNICATIONS SECURITY AND SOCIAL MOVEMENTS||3|
|CS 271||COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE AND ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE||4|
|CS 321||INTRODUCTION TO THEORY OF COMPUTATION||3|
|CS 370||INTRODUCTION TO SECURITY||4|
|CS 372||INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER NETWORKS||4|
|CS 373||DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS||4|
|CS 444||OPERATING SYSTEMS II||4|
|or CS 474||OPERATING SYSTEMS II|
|CS 473||INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL FORENSICS||4|
|CS 478||NETWORK SECURITY||4|
|Select one of the following tracks:||34|
|Security Operations Track|
|CYBERSECURITY PRACTICUM I (ORTSOC Practicum 1)|
|CYBERSECURITY PRACTICUM II (ORTSOC Practicum 2)|
|CYBERSECURITY PRACTICUM III (ORTSOC Practicum 3)|
|^CYBERSECURITY CAPSTONE PROJECT|
Cybersecurity Electives - 13 credits
|INTRODUCTION TO USABILITY ENGINEERING|
|^SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROJECT I|
|^SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROJECT II|
|SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROJECT|
Cybersecurity Electives - 22 credits
Baccalaureate Core Course (BCC)
Writing Intensive Course (WIC)
Option Code: 004