Computer Science Undergraduate Major (BA, BS, HBA, HBS)
Also available at OSU-Cascades and via Ecampus.
The computer science (CS) undergraduate curriculum has the following Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) (see the ABET Accreditation for CS website).
- Graduates of the program will have successful careers.
- Graduates of the program will continue to learn and adapt to a changing world.
- Graduates of the program will practice ethical and inclusive principles that foster collaborative environments.
Entering undergraduate students must choose and complete options 1 or 2 to earn a degree in CS. Entering post-baccalaureate students may select options 1 and 2 that are offered on campus or the online Computer Science Double Degree option offered by Ecampus.
- Applied Computer Science (BA, BS, HBA, HBS) - on campus and via Ecampus
- Computer Systems (BA, BS, HBA, HBS) - on campus only
- Computer Science Double Degree (BS, HBS) - via Ecampus only
For students entering the undergraduate program, the recommended high school preparation is four years of mathematics, science, and English. High school programming or computer applications courses should not be taken in place of other college preparatory courses.
Major Code: 307