Computer Systems Option
This option is available within the Computer Science major at the following location:
The Computer Systems option is for students who want to take up computer science as a career and seek an in-depth understanding of computer science as an academic discipline. This option provides excellent preparation for those who plan to work for companies developing systems software or embedded systems. It also provides excellent preparation for those who plan to pursue an MS or PhD in computer science.
Option Code: 334
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
|INTRODUCTION TO THEORY OF COMPUTATION
|INTRODUCTION TO SECURITY
|DIGITAL LOGIC DESIGN
|DIGITAL LOGIC DESIGN LABORATORY
|COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE PROGRAMMING
|VECTOR CALCULUS I
|INTRODUCTION TO MATRIX ALGEBRA
|INTRODUCTION TO SERIES
|CS Restricted Electives
Option Code: 334