Organizational Leadership Certificate
This program is available at the following locations:
This certificate is available as a standalone program.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership provides an evidence-based exploration of organizational behavior, negotiations, team management, job design, evaluation and motivation of employees, human resource management, conflict management, employee stress, and work-life balance.
Major Code: C190
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Describe and utilize conceptual frameworks from management research and practice to diagnose and improve individual performance and group dynamics within diverse organizations.
- Recognize, discuss, and demonstrate concepts, techniques, and decision tools available to manage projects.
- Identify, describe and apply classical and modern theories and practices of leadership.
- Discuss, analyze and apply influence and negotiation skills and methods.
- Explain the role of human resource management practices in shaping employee attitudes, behaviors, and outcomes.
|BA 351||MANAGING ORGANIZATIONS||4|
|or BA 352||MANAGING INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM PERFORMANCE|
|MGMT 364||PROJECT MANAGEMENT||4|
|MGMT 453||HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT||4|
|MGMT 455||INFLUENCE AND NEGOTIATION||4|
|Select a minimum of 8 credits from the following courses:||8|
|^MANAGING ETHICS AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY|
|FAMILY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT|
|*THE ECONOMICS OF DISCRIMINATION|
|EMPLOYEE RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION|
|INTRODUCTION TO MENTORING AND COACHING|
|INDUSTRIAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY|
|RACE AND ETHNIC RELATIONS|
|THE SOCIOLOGY OF GLOBALIZATION|
Baccalaureate Core Course (BCC)
Writing Intensive Course (WIC)
Major Code: C190