Business Information Systems Minor
The BIS minor offers a package of courses which places computing in the everyday practice of professionals, companies and organizations. The program is an application-oriented one, focusing on foundational technologies and their application in organizational processes such as marketing, operations, business reporting, etc. In this program, you learn foundational skills in automating processes (scripting and programming), the analysis and modeling of common business processes and how computing can impact them, how to interact with industry-strength data management systems, the basic Internet networking protocols, the development of business and organizational software applications, how to keeping computer systems and networks safe and secure, and about the rapidly expanding world of data analytics. All of this is always placed in the context of real-world business and organizational computing.
Minor Code: 044
- Analyze and model the flow of information through business processes.
- Formulate plans and architectures for the capture, storage and retrieval of data.
- Develop computer programs to support or automate business processes.
- Apply networking concepts and technologies to support business needs.
- Align information systems and services with business strategy and formulate plans for the retrieval and analysis of supporting data.
- Document, monitor and assess the effectiveness of IT controls.
|BA 275||FOUNDATIONS OF STATISTICAL INFERENCE||4|
|BA 270||BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT||4|
|BA 272||BUSINESS APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT||4|
|BA 370||BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS OVERVIEW||4|
|BA 371||BUSINESS DATA MANAGEMENT||4|
|BA 372||BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT||4|
|BA 479||BUSINESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING||4|
|BA 481||INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS ANALYTICS 1||4|
|or BA 483||BUSINESS ANALYTICS|
|or BA 406||PROJECTS|
With program lead approval, students may choose to use a course in their current program to substitute for this requirement. Please check in with a College of Business advisor
Minor Code: 044