General Social Science Option
This option is available within the Social Science major at the following location:
This curricula is a broad engagement with courses in Communication, Anthropology, Sociology, and Psychology. It focuses on understanding human systems with regards to culture, decision-making, psychological processes, and communication. This option gives students a wide variety of courses with which to pursue their special interests.
Option Code: 047
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate understanding and the value of communication competence in group and interpersonal communication.
- Apply concepts from the social sciences to assess human-ecological systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with critical thinking, analysis of problems, and synthesis of data.
- Communicate and collaborate with multiple audiences of diverse backgrounds and interests. Specifically, be able to write for and talk with both experts and lay persons utilizing multiple approaches.
- Be prepared to pursue further professional or academic endeavors in one’s selected discipline.