Liberal Studies Undergraduate Major (BA, BS, HBA, HBS)
This program is available at the following locations:
Option available: Pre-Education
A BA or BS degree in Liberal Studies is available for students whose academic and career interests suggest greater curricular breadth and flexibility than is available in other major programs.
Major Code: 920
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Competency and knowledge in multiple fields.
- Demonstrate critical thinking.
- Reflect on pluralism and cultural legacies.
- Engage in active collaboration.
- Employ written communication.
- Preparation for global citizenship.
Candidates for the Liberal Studies major must complete the following:
- Oregon State University Baccalaureate Core
- College of Liberal Arts Core requirements
- A program consisting of 45 or more credits that are thematic in nature and include at least 27 upper-division credits developed from the course offerings of two or more departments within the College of Liberal Arts. The plan of study and statement of justification must be approved in advance by the head advisor or designee.
- At least one Writing Intensive Course (WIC) with a grade of C or better.
- Maintain a 2.0 or better university GPA.
- Maintain a 2.3 or better major GPA.
The typical program is designed to meet the needs and interests of the particular student and is unique in content. In some cases, a prestructured program may provide a suitable match.
Total credits required for graduation is 180.
Major Code: 920