Honors Associate Undergraduate Major (HBA, HBFA, HBM, HBS)
This program is available at the following locations:
The honors degree is jointly awarded by the Honors College and by the college of the student's major. Therefore additional credit requirements beyond the total required by the colleges of the student’s major must be completed. HC students must satisfy all university and major requirements, as well as honors requirements. A student who completes a 15-credit track will be designated as an Honors Associate. Successful completion leads to receipt of an honors baccalaureate degree. Transcripts will also reflect Honors College completion and will denote HC course work. Interested students please contact the Honors College at 541-737-6400 or email email@example.com.
Major Code: 012
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Engage in pursuits that create new knowledge and contribute to one or more scholarly areas of study.
- Fully engage in meaningful dialog, which incorporates cross-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary perspectives.
The requirements for the Honors Associate track include:
- Honors colloquia (minimum 6 credits)
- Honors electives (minimum 6 credits)
- Thesis/Research/Projects (minimum 3 credits)
- At least 12 honors credits must be upper division
- Submitted thesis
- Meet milestones related to scholastic achievement, thesis research, honors coursework, and engagement with the honors community
Major Code: 012