Product Development Option
This option is available within the Manufacturing Engineering major at the following location:
The Product Development option, taken in conjunction with the BS in Manufacturing Engineering, will prepare students for careers in manufacturing industry that focus on the development of new products and equipment.
Option Code: 833
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Design products and the equipment, tooling, and environment necessary for their manufacture.
- Create competitive advantage through manufacturing planning, strategy, quality, and control.
- Analyze, synthesize, and control manufacturing operations using statistical methods.
- Measure manufacturing process variables and develop technical inferences about the process.
|ENGR 202||ELECTRICAL FUNDAMENTALS II||3|
|ENGR 390||ENGINEERING ECONOMY||3|
|MATS 322||MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS||4|
|ME 312/NSE 312||THERMODYNAMICS||4|
|ME 316||MECHANICS OF MATERIALS||3|
|ME 317||INTERMEDIATE DYNAMICS||4|
|ME 331/NSE 331||FLUID MECHANICS||4|
|ME 332/NSE 332||HEAT TRANSFER||4|
|ME 373||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING METHODS||4|
|ME 383||MECHANICAL COMPONENT DESIGN||4|
|Select one credit from the following courses:||1|
|POLYMER ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE|
|QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND IMPROVEMENT|
|QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR SYSTEM MODELING AND EXPERIMENTATION|
|WORK SYSTEMS ENGINEERING|
|PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL|
|FACILITY DESIGN AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT|
|INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING|
|SIMULATION AND DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS|
|INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS OPTIMIZATION|
|STOCHASTIC MODELS OF INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS|
|MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS ENGINEERING|
|PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING|
|ADVANCED MANUFACTURING COSTING TECHNIQUES|
|SYSTEMS DYNAMICS AND CONTROL|
or ME 351
|INTRODUCTION TO INSTRUMENTATION AND MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS|
Option Code: 833