Manufacturing Systems Option
This option is available within the Manufacturing Engineering major at the following location:
The Manufacturing Systems option, taken in conjunction with the BS in Manufacturing Engineering degree, will prepare students for careers in manufacturing industry that focus on production system design, analysis, and improvement.
Option Code: 957
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Design products and the equipment, tooling, and environment necessary for their manufacture.
- Create competitive advantage through manufacturing planning, strategy, quality, and control.
- Analyze, synthesize, and control manufacturing operations using statistical methods.
- Measure manufacturing process variables and develop technical inferences about the process.
|ENGR 390||ENGINEERING ECONOMY||3|
|IE 112||SPREADSHEET SKILLS FOR INDUSTRIAL & MANUFACTURING ENGINEERS||1|
|IE 212||COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING||4|
|IE 355||QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND IMPROVEMENT||4|
|IE 356||QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR SYSTEM MODELING AND EXPERIMENTATION||4|
|IE 366||WORK SYSTEMS ENGINEERING||4|
|IE 367||PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL||4|
|IE 368||FACILITY DESIGN AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT||4|
|Select a minimum of 9 credits from the following:||9|
|POLYMER ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE|
|INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING|
|SIMULATION AND DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS|
|INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS OPTIMIZATION|
|STOCHASTIC MODELS OF INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS|
|MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS ENGINEERING|
|PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING|
|ADVANCED MANUFACTURING COSTING TECHNIQUES|
|MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS|
|MECHANICS OF MATERIALS|
|MECHANICAL COMPONENT DESIGN|
Option Code: 957