Energy Systems Engineering Option
This option is offered within the following major(s):
Available only at OSU-Cascades.
The Energy Systems Engineering Option provides Energy Science students with the opportunity to focus on the design, processes, and systems used to convert, distribute, and store energy.
Option Code: 040
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
|ESE 355||ENERGY REGULATION||4|
|ESE 430||FEEDBACK CONTROL SYSTEMS||4|
|ESE 450||ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS||4|
|ESE 470||ENERGY DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS||4|
|ESE 471||ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS||4|
|IE 415||SIMULATION AND DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS||4|
|IE 425||INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS OPTIMIZATION||4|
Option Code: 040