Science and Engineering Option
This option is available within the Wood Innovation for Sustainability major at the following location:
This is a flexible, math- and science-intensive program that allows students to design a personalized curriculum that opens doors to jobs that solve complex problems, create efficiencies, foster intelligent use of renewable materials, or to graduate school. Students select a group of courses (often minors) that complement their interests.
Option Code: 289
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of wood and similar renewable materials that make them challenging to utilize as industrial and building materials.
- Demonstrate command of renewable material moisture content and specific gravity calculations.
- Demonstrate ability to find, compile, analyze and communicate technical information.
- Gain familiarity with the diverse complexity of the Renewable Materials industry, and the challenges it faces with balancing business and environmental goals.
- Demonstrate a combination of technical and business accum that allows effective management of process and people.
- Gain information and knowledge to become a better global citizen.
|CH 123||*GENERAL CHEMISTRY||5|
|ECON 201||*INTRODUCTION TO MICROECONOMICS||4|
& MTH 252
& MTH 254
and INTEGRAL CALCULUS
and VECTOR CALCULUS I
|PH 201||*GENERAL PHYSICS||4-5|
|or PH 211||*GENERAL PHYSICS WITH CALCULUS|
|PH 202||*GENERAL PHYSICS||4-5|
|or PH 212||*GENERAL PHYSICS WITH CALCULUS|
|PH 203||*GENERAL PHYSICS||4-5|
|or PH 213||*GENERAL PHYSICS WITH CALCULUS|
|ST 314||INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICS FOR ENGINEERS||3-4|
|or ST 243Z||ELEMENTARY STATISTICS I|
|or ST 351||INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICAL METHODS|
|WSE 321||WOOD CHEMISTRY||3|
|WSE 324||PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF WOOD PRACTICUM||4|
|WSE 425||TIMBER TECTONICS IN THE DIGITAL AGE||4|
|WSE 430||FUNDAMENTALS OF ENGINEERING MECHANICS||4|
|WSE 462||ADVANCED WOOD MANUFACTURING 1||4|
|WSE 463||ADVANCED MANUFACTURING 2||4|
|WSE 471||RESIDENTIAL BUILDING CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS||3|
|Approved Area of Concentration|
|Select a 16-credit program of study, including 12 upper-division credits||16|
Baccalaureate Core Course (BCC)
Option Code: 289