Business Engineering Option
This option is available within the Industrial Engineering major at the following location:
Students who complete the Business Engineering option will be well prepared to integrate industrial engineering solutions in business settings.
Option Code: 355
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Design, develop, implement, and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment and energy.
- Accomplish the integration of systems using appropriate analytical, computational, and experimental practices.
|BA 211||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||4|
|BA 330||LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS||4|
|BA 390||PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING||4|
|FIN 342||ADVANCED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT||4|
|IE 470||MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS ENGINEERING||4|
|IE 471||PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING||3|
|IE 475||ADVANCED MANUFACTURING COSTING TECHNIQUES||3|
Option Code: 355