Retail Management Option
This option is available within the Business Administration major at the following location:
The Retail Management option covers management and marketing strategies for the retail industry. The program includes all the steps required to bring the customers into the store and fulfill their buying needs. A retail store manager is responsible for ensuring that a store operates efficiently and profitably and that its employees perform adequately. They are responsible for a store's sales and employee schedule, resolving problems that arise in the store and coordinating a store's activities.
Option Code: 744
Upon successful completion of the program, students will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Recognize entrepreneurial opportunities for new business ventures and evaluate their potential for business success.
- Understand the implementation issues including financial, legal, operational and administrative procedures involved in starting new business ventures.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in business situations through physical or virtual presence, writing, speaking, listening, and electronic media.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead by using team building skills and facilitating collaborative behaviors in the accomplishment of group goals and objectives.
- Recognize basic concepts and theories related to business ethics and social responsibility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical behavior appropriate to specific business situations.
- Identify and analyze business problems and opportunities and formulate recommendations for courses of action.
- Use quantitative and qualitative tools and methodologies to support organizational decision making.
- Assess how organizations create value in their global supply chains through the integrated production and distribution of goods, services and information.
- Describe the concept of competitive advantage and how it may be achieved through strategic and tactical methods.
- Analyze the information content of organizational processes.
- Define markets and apply marketing concepts and principles using a customer focus to effectively sell products and services.
- Recognize and appropriately respond to ethical, legal and strategic concerns relating to human resource and organizational management.
- Make basic investment and financing decisions for a business using financial management concepts, and methods.
|MGMT 453||HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT||4|
|MRKT 492||CONSUMER BEHAVIOR||4|
|MRKT 495||RETAIL MANAGEMENT||4|
|SCLM 457||SUPPLY CHAIN STRATEGY||4|
|Select two courses from the following:||8|
|INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS ANALYTICS|
|INFLUENCE AND NEGOTIATION|
|FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING RESEARCH|
|INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS|
|SUPPLY AND SOURCING MANAGEMENT|
Option Code: 744