Find SomeoneCampus MapsOSU Site Map

General Catalog & Schedule of Classes

Oregon State University
OSU HomeProspective StudentsCurrent StudentsFaculty & StaffAlumni & FriendsVisitors
What is Quick-Jump?
Catalog HomeCatlog IndexCatalog SearchCatalog ArchiveCatalog Help

 Financial Aid and Scholarships

Print Version Print

Financial Aid and Scholarships
A218 Kerr Administration Bldg.
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331


Keith Raab, Director
Patti Brady-Glassman, Associate Director
Brian Hultgren, Associate Director
Lois DeGhettoAssistant Director
Regan KaplanAssistant Director
Kirk Lind, Assistant Director
Cynthia StickleAssistant Director
Bobbi Jo Williams, Office Manager
Collyn Arnold, Advisor
Jacob LoganAdvisor
Michele Lynam, Advisor
Cassie SmithAdvisor
Julie Vanblokland, Advisor

The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is here to help you invest in your future. We have many financial aid options for undergraduate and graduate students. In general, it is a good idea to submit your FAFSA early January every year to maximize your opportunities. Although we won’t review your financial aid information until after your admission application is filed, you can still apply for financial aid before you have been admitted to OSU. Learn more about your options at OSU by choosing a category below so that you can start the process of applying for aid and reaching your goals.

Financial aid is based on the premise that the student and parents are primarily responsible for providing for their education expenses and is intended to supplement student and family contributions toward educational costs. Financial aid comes from many sources, including the federal and state governments, private organizations, and Oregon State University’s institutional funds. These funds consist of grants, scholarships, Federal Work-Study, subsidized loans, unsubsidized loans, and parent loans.

 Back to Top

Eligibility/Application Procedures

To be eligible for federal financial aid, a student must:

  1. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), applying as soon as possible after Jan. 1 using previous year tax data (for example the 2016–2017 application will use 2015 tax information). Parents and students may estimate their income information as accurately as possible in order to complete the form and submit it by the OSU priority deadline of February 28. The FAFSA application process allows for the completion of tax information questions from the IRS directly from your return! Follow the prompts while completing the application to authorize this information exchange. Always remember that there is no fee to apply for federal aid.

  2. List Oregon State University as a school that you would like your information to be sent to on the FAFSA. Oregon State’s federal school code is 003210.

  3. The priority FAFSA application deadline for OSU is February 28th. This date is used to determine eligibility for some need-based aid programs as well as state and institutional funds. Applications received after the priority deadline will still be eligible for federal aid such as the Pell Grant and Direct Loans. Graduate students are not eligible for federal Title IV grants or subsidized loans.

  4. Make sure you are eligible to receive financial aid. In order to receive federal funding you must:
    • Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or complete a high school education in a home school setting that is treated as such under state law.
    • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree or approved certificate program (e.g., not special admit)
    • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
    • Have a valid Social Security Number.
    • Register with the Selective Service if required. You can register at, or you can call 1-847-688-6888. (TTY users can call 1-847-688-2567.)
    • Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by Oregon State University once in school.
    • Are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant.
    • The Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended (HEA) suspends aid eligibility for students who have been convicted under federal or state law of the sale or possession of drugs, if the offense occurred during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving federal student aid (grants, loans, and/or work-study).
  5. Apply for admission to Oregon State University: Apply Online. You will not be considered for any financial aid award until you have applied to the university.

 Back to Top

What happens AFTER I apply?

Once you have submitted your FAFSA application online you will receive a confirmation of receipt from Federal Student Aid. They will also send you a Student Aid Report that will give you a summary of your application and inform you of any problems you might need to resolve. You should read this report carefully and resolve problems in a timely manner. If you receive notification that something on your FAFSA is missing or incorrect, you can check your financial aid information through MyOSU Financial Aid information or email the OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for further information.

Students whose aid application was received by the end of February may expect to receive an initial award letter by approximately April 1. Aid applications are then completed on a rolling basis by date of receipt with award notifications being sent out as files are completed.

You will receive an email or letter once your financial aid award has been completed. You will also be notified if you need to provide further information in order for us to complete your application. All correspondence will be sent to your ONID email account, so be sure to keep your information up to date!

The award notification will show the type and amount of aid available to you for the coming school year. To reserve these funds, the student must read and accept the award within 30 days. The accepted award indicates the student has read and agrees to the terms of the award as outlined.

You can accept, reject, or revise your Financial Aid Award through MyOSU by completing the following steps:

  • Log in
  • Select the Paying for College tab
  • Select Financial Aid Awards
  • Select the appropriate year (ex. 2016–2017)
  • Review your Terms & Conditions by selecting the Terms and Conditions tab
  • Then select Accept Award Offer tab
  • Make your decisions about the aid that you want
  • Click Submit when done
  • Go to to complete any necessary Entrance Counseling or Master Promissory Notes

Your parents can also apply for a Parent PLUS loan up to the remaining cost of attendance by completing a PLUS loan application and Master Promissory Note available for them through the Federal Student Loans website. The PLUS application for the upcoming aid year is available after May 1.

Please note that PLUS loans are credit based and require a separate application process. Please visit for additional information. PLUS credit checks/applications expire within 180 days, so be sure to wait until 180 days or less prior to the start of the term you are attending before your parent applies.

You are responsible for notifying the OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships in the event that you receive any additional awards from any other source. The OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will then make any required revisions to your aid package. The receipt of additional aid may result in a reduction or elimination of aid from university-administered programs, even if it has already been paid.

 Back to Top

Types of Financial Aid

Federal Programs

Federal Pell Grant – The Federal Pell Grant is a need-based grant from the federal government intended for undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s degree. Each student’s award amount is determined on the basis of family circumstances and cost of attendance. After the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is filed, the Department of Education sends you a Student Aid Report (SAR) or an Information Acknowledgement if you filed online. These documents will indicate if you are Pell eligible and it is important to review them for accuracy.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) – The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need and is administered by the OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Funds are limited and eligibility is based in part by meeting the OSU priority FAFSA submission deadline of February 28.

Federal College Work-Study Program (FWS) – The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides part-time jobs for students with financial need to help them pay for their education. It’s designed to put you to work in the community or in a job related to your studies, whenever possible. The program is administered by the OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Funds are limited and eligibility is based on need and in part by meeting the OSU priority FAFSA submission deadline of February 28. The amount of FWS indicated on your award is the maximum amount you may earn for the academic year. Funds are paid monthly on the basis of hours worked in the pay period not to exceed 20 hours per week. Wages range from the state minimum rate up to $10.00 per hour, depending on job responsibilities.

Federal Perkins Loan – A Federal Perkins Loan is a low-interest (5 percent) loan for full-time undergraduate, postbaccalaureate, and graduate students. Funds are limited and eligibility is based on need and in part by meeting the OSU priority FAFSA submission deadline of February 28. Perkins Loans are made through OSU’s Financial Aid office. OSU is your lender, and the loan is made with government funds. Repayment and Deferment options are handled by the OSU Business Affairs Student Loan Office. Students must be enrolled at least half-time and repayment begins nine months after graduation, withdrawal, or if you drop below half-time enrollment. The maximum loan amount per year at OSU depends on available institutional funds and may not meet the federal yearly maximum.

Federal Direct Ford Loan Program – Direct Stafford Loans, from the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program, are low-interest loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education. Eligible students borrow directly from the U.S. Department of Education (the department) at participating schools.

Yearly Loan Limits

If you have been awarded a Ford loan, you are eligible for additional Ford loan funding as you progress through school. Depending on your credits and class standing, you will be able to receive different loan amounts. Below are the credit requirements and loan amounts:

Class Standing


Loan Limit (Dependent)

Loan Limit (Independent)













If you change class standing in either fall or winter term, you may request that your loans be increased for the current academic year. Download and complete the Loan Revision Form and return it to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for review.

The Subsidized Federal Direct Ford Loan is need-based with the government paying the interest on the loan while the student is enrolled. Students must be enrolled at least half-time and repayment begins six months after graduation, withdrawal, or if you drop below half-time enrollment. For current interest rates, visit

The Unsubsidized Federal Direct Ford Loan is non-need-based with the student being responsible for paying the interest while enrolled. Students may choose to defer the interest by having it added to the principal, which is called capitalization. Students must be enrolled at least half-time and repayment begins six months after graduation, withdrawal, or if you drop below half-time enrollment. The maximum annual loan limit is $2,000. For current interest rates, visit

Independent undergraduate students are eligible to borrow an additional Federal Direct Unsubsidized Ford Loan amount. Dependent undergraduates may not borrow from this program, unless an exception is made by a financial aid advisor due to the student’s parent being denied the FDPLUS loan. The additional loan limits are:

  • $4,000 for the first year and second year of undergraduate study;
  • $5,000 per academic year for the remaining years of undergraduate study.

Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (FDPLUS) – The FDPLUS is a federal loan borrowed by the parent on behalf of a dependent student to assist with educational expenses. Students are awarded the maximum amount they are personally eligible to receive. Parents may borrow the remaining amount up to the cost of attendance in the form of a Parent PLUS loan. As with all loans, you are not required to take it. Parents are required to complete a FAFSA application to be eligible for a Direct PLUS Loan, and the parent must complete a Direct PLUS Loan Application and Master Promissory Note (MPN) on the Federal Loan website. The PLUS is a non-need based loan. Interest is charged on the loan from the date the first disbursement is made until the loan is paid in full. Payment can be deferred while the student is attending school at least half-time, but interest will continue to accrue. For current interest rates, visit

State and Institutional Programs

Campus Scholarships – Limited merit and need-based campus scholarships are administered by the Office of Financial Aid. Eligibility is limited to students who have completed fewer than 12 terms and submit the aid application (FAFSA) by February 1. Recipients must be enrolled full time and are notified of their awards in writing.

Departmental Awards – Each department on campus administers their own awards. Contact the department or donor directly for specific information regarding the award. For a searchable database of scholarships, visit:

Private Awards – These awards come from outside donors and can affect your financial aid package. Outside scholarship checks should be mailed to: Student Accounts, Oregon State University, PO Box 1086, Corvallis, OR 97339. If you have not already submitted notification to the Financial Aid Office regarding your outside scholarships, please submit the Reporting Additional Sources of Assistance form located on the Financial Aid Forms page.

State of Oregon Opportunity Grant – The Opportunity Grant is a state grant administered by the Oregon Student Access Commission (OSAC) and awarded to full-time undergraduates Oregon residents based on need and allowable funding. Twelve terms of eligibility are possible. This grant is not available during summer term.

Other Programs

Private Supplemental/Alternative Loan – Students needing additional funding for school, whose aid package has not fully met their cost of attendance, may opt to apply for funding through a private lending agency. These loans have a variable interest rate, and a credit check must be done on all applicants. OSU cannot recommend lenders for private/alternative loans.

Graduate Students

Graduate students are only eligible to receive Unsubsidized Direct Loans effective July 1, 2012. The annual loan maximum is $20,500 per academic year for graduate students with an aggregate borrowing limit of $138,500, which includes all Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans borrowed for undergraduate study. Students must be enrolled at least half time (5 credits) and repayment begins six months after graduation, withdrawal, or if you drop below half-time enrollment. For current interest rates, visit

In addition to Unsubsidized Direct Loan eligibility, Graduate Students can also apply for a GRAD PLUS loan to help cover education expenses.

The terms and conditions applicable to PLUS Loans for parents also apply to PLUS Loans for graduate and professional students. These terms and conditions include a determination that you (the applicant) do not have an adverse credit history.

Before you can receive a PLUS Loan, your school must have determined your maximum eligibility for Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans.

In addition to these Federal Aid Programs, the Graduate School offers additional information on Assistantship, Grant and Scholarship Opportunities on their website,

 Back to Top

Receipt of Aid Funds

OSU Office of Business Affairs is responsible for disbursing refunds from student accounts once financial aid has been applied. You must be registered and have your tuition and fees billed to your account for financial aid to be applied. Aid funds are never made available in advance. Textbooks cannot be charged to a student’s account. It is assumed that the student will purchase textbooks out-of-pocket and use any refund to "reimburse" themselves for the costs. If a credit balance remains on your student account after current university charges are paid, you will be issued a refund. Federal Work-Study earnings are paid by payroll check to you each month for hours worked. You may receive a refund and still have an outstanding balance on your account. For more information about your bill or refund, visit the Business Affairs website.

Delayed Disbursements

There are several ways in which your aid may be delayed. Here are the most common reasons:

  • You may be required to complete Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Ford Direct Loans. You would have been notified of these requirements via an email to your ONID email account.
  • Dropping classes (below 12 for undergraduates, 9 for graduates). All students are assumed to be full-time unless they notify Financial Aid in writing that they will be less. If you are not enrolled at full-time and have not notified us, your aid will not disburse.
  • Registering late for classes.
  • Being waitlisted for classes. These classes do not count toward your enrollment level until you are actually enrolled in them.
  • Having unsatisfied requirements with your financial aid file. Check your status through MyOSU/Financial Aid/My Eligibility.

You are responsible for managing your Financial Aid experience, so be sure to check MyOSU frequently and review any emails you receive from us as they may include requests for additional information or action.

 Back to Top

Requesting Changes

It is understood that you want as much grant and scholarship money as possible. When you are awarded your financial aid, your award will reflect your eligibility for available grant aid. When accepting your award, you may always request a lesser loan amount. Please note that loan funds are divided into equal disbursements, based on your enrollment at OSU within the given year. You may replace your Federal Work-Study funds with a Direct Ford loan, however this is dependent upon your loan eligibility. In addition, if you initially decline loan funds but find later that you in fact need them, you may also request that the loan be reinstated up to the total of your original offer. Please request any changes in writing by submitting a Loan Revision Request form to the financial aid office. Be aware that not all budget requests can be accommodated.

Additional Costs

In certain instances, your cost of attendance may be adjusted to include other allowable costs incurred to meet your educational needs. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine approval. Documentation of the additional expense must be included for consideration. If approved, additional expenses are usually funded with "self-help" assistance in the form of loans. Adjustments are not made for consumer debts, car payments, or private school tuition.

Adjustments may include, but are not limited to:

  • Medical or dental cost not covered by insurance
  • Computer expense (one time allowance)
  • Child care cost for children 12 and under
  • Commuting costs from outside the Corvallis area
  • Costs related to students with disabilities
  • Study abroad program fees

Parent or Student Expected Contributions (EFC)

The information you reported on your FAFSA is used to calculate a number called the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is not the amount of money that your family must provide. The school uses the EFC to determine the amount of your federal grants, loans, or work-study awards for which you may be eligible.

Changes in Your Situation

Financial Aid offices may consider special or unusual circumstances that impact your family situation. Please contact us with any questions you might have regarding your eligibility for a review.

 Back to Top

Renewing Aid

You must apply for financial aid every year by submitting a FAFSA application. Applications must be received before February 28 at the central processor to be considered for priority funding. You may apply for aid online after Jan. 1 for the following academic year. Be sure to keep on top of managing your award!

 Back to Top

Dropping Courses and the Census Date

Dropping courses impacts your financial aid in several ways. Aid assistance is based on your enrollment level each term and may be adjusted accordingly. All students are initially awarded based on full-time enrollment. Full-time undergraduate status is 12 or more credits, 3/4 time is 9–11 credits, 1/2 time is 6–8 credits, and anything below 6 credits is considered less than half time. Changes in your enrollment levels may affect your financial aid eligibility.

Your financial aid is paid each term based on your level of enrollment at the "census date". The term Census Date refers to the point at which your enrollment is locked for financial aid purposes, and it happens to coincide with the last date you can add or drop classes for a full tuition refund. This Census Date is used for all terms, including the summer session. At this point in the term, credit hours are locked and financial aid for the term is adjusted to reflect the student's official enrolled credits. For example, if the student received aid at the beginning of the term based on full-time enrollment and then dropped credits, aid is then revised to match their eligibility based on the number of credits enrolled in as of the Census Date and types of aid that were awarded. Credits added after the Census Date cannot be used to increase financial aid eligibility.

When you drop credits after the census date and your aid has been paid, you will not need to repay your financial aid you unless you completely withdraw from ALL classes for the term. You will instead need to be concerned with meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress, as this will affect your overall PACE (completion rate).

 Back to Top

What Happens If I Withraw?

What Happens If I Withdraw From or Do Not Complete One Or More Courses in a Term?

The impact of a partial withdrawal (official or unofficial) will vary greatly by term, student status, type of aid awarded, participation, and other factors. Students, who plan to drop, withdraw, or not complete one or more course, should contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for a personalized evaluation of how a partial withdrawal will impact their current and future aid eligibility.

Students are expected to understand the terms, conditions, and requirements that relate to their financial aid award.  Additional information on retaining full financial aid eligibility may be found on the Financial Aid Web page:

What Happens If I Withdraw From All Courses or Do Not Complete Any Courses in a Term?

The information below is a brief summary of the process that takes place when a student withdraws from all courses or fails to receive a passing grade for a given term. The policies and procedure listed are subject to change without advance notice based on changes in federal or institutional policies. This is not an exhaustive list of the rules pertaining to the Return of Title IV funds. Further guidance regarding these policies and procedures may be obtained by contacting the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Reference material relating to the federal rules for this process may be found in Volume 5 of the Federal Student Aid Handbook.

Federal financial aid is awarded based on the expectation that a student will participate in all of their courses through the last day of the term. When a student does not complete the term, the Office of Financial Aid is required to review their eligibility for aid that has been or could be disbursed. A student is considered to have earned the full amount of disbursed federal aid if they participated in all courses and completed at least 60% of the term. In cases where full participation and 60% term completion cannot be verified, a return of federal Title IV and other types of aid may be required.

An official withdrawal may impact a student’s eligibility for current or pending financial aid. Students who withdraw from the university after the start of the term must complete a Withdrawal Survey through the Registrar’s Office (click "Withdraw for the Term") and should contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships regarding the impact on their eligibility. The date of official withdrawal (as reported by the Registrar’s Office) may be utilized in the federal Return of Title IV funds calculation. If financial aid funds were used to pay tuition and fees, and a student withdraws, any refundable tuition amount is returned to the appropriate financial aid sources (refer to the tuition/fee refund schedule in the OSU Schedule of Classes).

A student is considered unofficially withdrawn if they fail to receive any passing grades in a given term. In the case of an unofficial withdrawal, the Office of Financial Aid is required to review participation reported by OSU and partner school instructors. This participation information is used to establish a last date of participation that may be utilized in the federal Return of Title IV funds calculation.

Return of Title IV Funds Calculation and Withdrawal Record

OSU is required to calculate the Return of Title IV financial aid funds for students that officially or unofficially withdraw during the academic term. Students who do not intend to complete the term for which they are enrolled, should follow the official withdrawal process as outlined by university regulations.

The Return of Title IV Funds calculation determines the amount of federal funds that must be returned by the institution as well as how much aid the student must return for the period of non-enrollment. For students who completed less than 60% of the term, a pro-rated schedule is used to determine the amount of aid that must to be returned. That means the percentage of aid that a student is eligible to retain for the term is based on the percentage of the term that they completed. If a return of aid amount is calculated, the funds must be repaid to the financial aid programs in the following order:

Federal Direct Unsubsidized Ford Loan
Federal Direct Ford Loans
Federal Perkins Loan
Federal Direct PLUS Loan
Federal Pell Grant

The amount of federal aid that you must repay is determined via the Federal Formula for Return of Title IV funds (Section 484B of the Higher Education Act). This law also specifies the order in which funds are to be returned to the financial aid programs from which they were awarded, starting with loan programs.

You may be required to make a repayment when cash has been disbursed from financial aid funds, in excess of the amount of aid that you earned (based on the date of your total withdrawal or last date of participation) during the term. The amount of Title IV aid earned is determined by multiplying the total Title IV aid (other than FWS) for which you qualified by the percentage of time during the term that you were enrolled.

If less aid was disbursed than was earned, you may submit a request to receive a late disbursement for the difference.

If more aid was disbursed than was earned, the amount of Title IV aid that you must return (i.e., not earned) is determined by subtracting the earned amount from the amount actually disbursed.

The responsibility for returning unearned Title IV aid is shared between the university and you. It is allocated according to the portion of disbursed aid that could have been used to cover university charges, and the portion that could have been disbursed directly to you once those charges were covered. OSU will distribute the unearned aid back to the Title IV programs, as specified by law. You will be notified if you owe a repayment due to an official/unofficial withdrawal within 45 days of the date the determination of the withdrawal is made.

You will be billed for the amount that you owe to the Title IV programs, as well as any amount due to the university, as a result of Title IV funds that were returned that would have been used to cover university charges.

Withdrawing (official or unofficially) from a term may also impact a student’s eligibility for financial aid in future terms. Students should familiarize themselves with the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements for federal aid and should contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships regarding how federal and other types of aid may be impacted.

Summer Term Withdrawals

Withdrawals during the summer term at OSU are evaluated differently than the other terms due to the modules that make up this term. During the summer term a student’s completion percentage will be evaluated based on a calendar that encompasses all modules of enrollment.

During all terms a student’s Pell Grant will be adjusted to exclude payments made for courses in which participation cannot be verified. During the summer, the Pell Grant is also adjusted throughout the term to exclude payments for courses from which the student withdrew.

Withdrawals and the Degree Partnership Program

In cases of unofficial withdrawal an instructor reported last date of participation may be required to determine a student’s aid eligibility. The OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is not able to contact partner school instructors directly to obtain this information. After a term has ended DPP students may be contacted with instructions on how to complete this participation verification process. Due to the time sensitive nature of this process, it is very important for DPP students to check their OSU Student (ONID) email regularly to look for these financial aid notifications. Failure to verify participation may result in the reduction or full loss of financial aid eligibility for the term.

 Back to Top

Student Responsibilities

Reporting Changes

Your financial aid is based on the information submitted to our office for the current academic year in which you requested aid. To keep your file current and accurate, you are required to report the changes to the OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. You should expect a revision of your award in most cases. Reasons for changes can include but are not limited to:

  • Additional financial assistance: scholarships, grants, loans, fee waivers, Tribal Assistance, tuition/book support, social security benefits or any other monetary award not reported previously.
  • Receipt of graduate teaching or research assistantship, and/or fellowship.
  • Receipt of resident advisor position.
  • Changes in enrollment hours and/or withdrawal from the university.
  • Changes in residency status for tuition purposes.
  • Change in course load if below full time.

Entrance and Exit Interview

All Federal Direct Ford loan recipients are required to complete an entrance interview prior to receiving the first disbursement of their loan proceeds. They are also required to complete an exit interview during their last term of attendance. (For further information, visit


Students who are not satisfied with a decision of a financial aid staff member may appeal that decision, in writing, and then in person to the following staff in the order indicated: the director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, and then the Financial Aid Appeals Subcommittee. The decision of the director and/or Financial Aid Appeals Subcommittee will be considered final.

 Back to Top

Student Enrollment Levels

Federal financial aid eligibility and deferment of student loans are affected by enrollment levels. Summer enrollment levels are the same as other terms.

Full Time: 12 or more credits in a term
Three Quarter Time: 9 to 11 credits in a term
Half Time: 6 to 8 credits in a term

Full Time: 9 or more credits in a term
Half Time: 5 to 8 credits in a term

 Back to Top

Scholarship Management System (SMS)

In an effort to maximize student access to OSU scholarship opportunities, we have a searchable database that consolidates all available departmental scholarships into a centralized location. Each department administers and awards their own scholarships based on established criteria. The Scholarship Management System consists of a searchable database and an application for scholarships available to continuing OSU students. In the database, click on the name of the scholarship for specific criteria and which department oversees that award. Visit a department’s website for more details on their specific scholarship awarding process. For further information about the Scholarship Management System, please email the Scholarship Office at


SMS Searchable Database:

SMS Scholarship Application:

 Back to Top


Catalog HomeCatlog IndexCatalog SearchCatalog ArchiveCatalog Help
OSU HomeProspective StudentsCurrent StudentsFaculty & StaffAlumni & FriendsVisitors
Find SomeoneCampus MapsOSU Site Map