Kim D. Kirkland, Executive Director
Leanna Ott, Executive Assistant
Marnie Johnson, Executive Support Specialist/Office Coordinator
Kerry McQuillin, Affirmative Action Manager
Gabriel Merrell, Director of Access and Affirmative Action
Binh Le, Affirmative Action Associate
Yesenia Gutierrez, Director of Equal Opportunity, Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Chris Lenn, Equal Opportunity Coordinator
Andrea Bibee, Equity Associate
Hope Brian, Equity Associate
Anne Bonner, Equity Associate
Fay Stetz-Waters, Equity Associate
Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
330 Snell Hall
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331
Accessibility Website: http://oregonstate.edu/accessibility/
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access is committed to success for the entire campus community through equality, fairness, and understanding. Our work is guided by three principles:
- Equity—Ensuring equality of opportunity in all that we do. We strive to ensure equality in terms of the opportunity to become a member of the Oregon State University learning and working community; in one’s opportunity to participate in and contribute to the work; in one’s opportunity to participate in and benefit from the programs, services, and activities; and in terms of the communities of the state that are served by the university.
- Inclusion—Welcoming, valuing, and seeking to understand the experiences of everyone with whom we interface. We create and sustain this environment through interpersonal interactions that explicitly support and affirm the inherent dignity and uniqueness of individuals and communities, and through institutional efforts that address systemic barriers to inclusion.
- Diversity—Recognizing that a diversity of people, perspectives, experiences, and thought is essential to a compelling research, scholarship, and learning environment. We aim to develop policies and practices that promote and enhance diversity in all university endeavors, striving to benefit maximally from our different ideas, perspectives, and ways of being, knowing, and doing.
Expertise and Leadership
In service to both Oregon State University and the broader community, the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access provides expertise and leadership in the following areas:
- Engaging in community development, including creating, leading, and supporting opportunities for involvement with an array of equity and inclusion efforts.
- Partnering with a range of individuals and groups to develop and deliver programs, initiatives, and resources related to campus-wide diversity and social justices issues.
- Working to eliminate barriers to achievement for individuals and groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
- Managing the university's affirmative action and equal opportunity efforts.
- Responding to discrimination complaints through investigation and resolution.
- Providing advice and assistance to individuals who believe they have experienced bias or discrimination.
- Promoting understanding about affirmative action, equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Coordinating access and accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Offering education and training on a variety of topics related to equity and inclusion.
- Assisting individuals and offices or units who would like guidance in areas such as search and selection, inclusive working and learning environments, and policy and best practices development.