Emily Bowling, Assistant Director for Civic Engagement & Sustainability
Oregon State University
Student Experience Center, Suite 206
Corvallis, Oregon 97331-2212
Imagine a better world. Make it happen.
Get to know OSU’s Center for Civic Engagement (CCE)! The CCE strives to engage students in community service, philanthropy and giving, and activism and advocacy. Join us to further discover where your passions meet our community’s needs.
In partnership with community-based organizations, the Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) facilitates meaningful service, community engagement, and educational programs. The CCE strives to:
- Engage students in service, philanthropy, and activism-based work,
- Meet diverse community-identified needs,
- Inspire positive change in local and global communities,
- Enhance students’ knowledge of self and sense of place, and
- Foster social responsibility.
Events and Programs:
- Annual Service Days (Fall into Service, Make a Difference Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, Earth Day Service Day, Day of Caring)
- DOT: Do One Thing to better the world
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Nonprofit Opportunities Fair
- National Hunger and Homelessness Action Week
- Craft ‘N Care
- Individual and group service consultations to assist students in finding service opportunities and areas of passion
- Custom workshops and trainings related to community service, civic leadership, service-learning, reflection strategies, and social change
- Civic engagement tracking and recording
- Networking between the OSU campus and surrounding nonprofit and public service community
Why get involved?
Here are a few potential benefits of civic engagement and community service:
- Enhance your sense of self and place
- Impact change in your areas of passion and interest
- Build relationships with people motivated to create change
- Explore your values, interests, and passions
- Develop your leadership and career readiness skills
- Deepen your understanding of social issues
- Survey various career paths and options to aid with career decision-making
- Feel happier, people who volunteer are happier on average!
- You make a difference! Your community needs YOU!