Information Services supports OSU students by providing accounts, technologies, equipment checkout, printing, computing networks, and computing labs. The OSU Computer Helpdesk provides students with technical support for laptops, mobile devices, and campus systems like Blackboard, and if you need in-person support, please visit the Walkup Helpdesk in the Valley Library.
Student employment opportunities are available from a variety of units within IS, including Student Computing Facilities and the OSU Computer Helpdesk, with the greatest opportunities announced just prior to each new term.
Accounts and Passwords
- Accounts & Technologies Guide for New Students: This guide is for new OSU students who need to get connected to OSU systems such as email and Blackboard. Even if you are already connected to one or more OSU systems, we recommend you go through this guide, anyway, just to be sure you’ve covered the bases and know where to get computing help.
- ONID: ONID stands for OSU Network ID. It’s a universal computer account available to all OSU students and employees. You use your ONID username and password to access Online Services, Blackboard, ONID email, the wireless network, and many other university computing services.
- Google Apps for OSU: ONID email is accessed via Google Apps for OSU. All OSU students, instructors, and employees may access all the supported core apps: Drive, Mail, Calendar, Site, and Groups.
- Blackboard, OSU’s Learning Management System used by both off-campus and on-campus students for classwork.
- Computing Labs
- Equipment Loan and Rental
- Standard ONID Printing
- Printing—Posters and Large Format
- Virtual Computing Lab (RemoteApps)
- Wireless Network
- OSUware: Free Antivirus and Remote Access Software
(Opportunities subject to availability)
Student workers provide programming, development, and support services for the OSU community. Please follow each unit’s application guidelines. Some units accept applications during particular dates only and employment cannot be guaranteed. Potential employment is contingent upon eligibility per university policy on student employment.
- OSU Computer Helpdesk
- Technical support, programmers
- Central Web Services
- Web app and mobile app developers
- Student Computing Facilities
- Customer service and support, system maintenance